The awning is a huge area that protects you from the sun or the rain. And just because the awning is a huge area, it is very susceptible to strong winds. Whenever you open the awning, secure it firmly with straps and pegs against the ground. It’s best to close the awning for the time when you’re not at the caravan. Closing the awning for the night has paid off for us many times.
Opening the awning
- For the Fiamma awning, hook the awning handle into the awning opening eye. For a Thule awning, insert the handle into the opening hole and turn the handle to secure.
- Turn the handle to open the awning to about half a metre.
- Place the awning feet on the ground, which are located at the front of the awning that has just been extended.
- When erected, secure the legs at a certain height.
- Open the awning to the desired width.
- Firmly anchor the awning with the straps.
Closing the awning
- For the Fiamma awning, hook the awning handle into the awning opening eye. For a Thule awning, insert the handle into the opening hole of the awning and turn the handle to secure.
- Release the straps that secure the awning.
- Turn the handle to close the awning until it is open approximately half a metre.
- Fold the awning feet into the front of the awning, you need to loosen the telescopic feet and turn them out a little so that they simply and easily fit into the space provided.
- Turn the handle to close the awning thoroughly.
- Do not forget to put the handle back in place.