A motorhome gas cooker or stove works in a similar way to a gas cooker in the home. Ignition is either automatic by pressing a knob or, in some older models, by using a lighter. When the stove is burning, the vent or one of the windows must be open due to oxygen consumption. The burners have a safety fuse which ensures that the gas is switched off if the flame blows out.
Ignition of the motorhome gas burner flame
- Make sure the gas supply is open.
- Open the glass lid of the cooker.
- Turn and press the rotary knob for the selected burner.
- Press the knob for the piezo flame ignition.
- Leave the knob depressed for a moment after the burner has been lit.
Switching off and shutting down the motorhome cooker after cooking
- Turn the gas intensity control knob to the off position.
- Wait until the burner has cooled down.
- Close the glass lid of the cooker.