Drinking water is poured into the motorhome from an external stopcock, which is most often on the side of the motorhome. A hose is used to fill the water, which is connected to a tap or drinking water dispenser
Drinking water taps and pump
- Drinking water is pumped to the waste tank via taps in the motorhome and the sink via a water pump. The water pump can be switched off or on at the motorhome control panel.
- The control of the water pump is most often depicted on the control panel by a tap icon.
- The drinking water pump must also be switched on for flushing the toilet.
- Opening the hot or cold water tap will automatically start the water pump and water will flow from the taps.
How to find out the amount of drinking water and waste water
- You can check the current quantity of drinking water or waste water via the motorhome control panel.
- Drinking water is represented on the control panel by a canister icon with the filler neck facing upwards.
- Waste water is depicted on the control panel by a canister icon with the drain spout facing downwards.
- The status is usually determined by the percentage of fullness of these tanks.
Drinking water filling
- Open the fill cap of the motorhome.
- Insert the hose intended for potable water into the cap.
- Turn on the drinking water supply from the tap at the motorhome or drinking water dispenser.
- When the tank is full, turn off the drinking water supply at the tap or drinking water dispenser.
- Close the stopper on the filling opening of the motorhome.
- After opening the drinking water tap to the “hot water” position, draw drinking water into the water heater.
Drain the drinking water
- The drinking water drain valve is located in a different place in each motorhome. Most often it is in a cabinet in the kitchen or bathroom area. In some motorhomes, the drinking water drain valve is located on the outside of the motorhome, underneath the motorhome.
- The valve is opened by turning it 90 degrees.
- The valve must be closed after the potable water has been drained.
- Potable water is drained from the boiler by opening the Frost Control valve. This is most commonly found in the boiler area. However, the Frost Control is definitely located inside the motorhome.
Please refer to your motorhome’s owner’s manual for the exact procedure for your motorhome model.
Waste water drain
- The waste water drain valve is located in a different location in each motorhome. Most often the valve is accessible from the outside of the motorhome
- It is opened by pulling or turning the valve lever. Some motorhomes have an electronically operated valve in the driver’s cockpit area.
- The valve must be closed after draining the waste water.