A chemical toilet is in every large motorhome and its use involves regular emptying. If the chemical toilet cassette is almost full, a red light on the flush control will illuminate
Using the chemical toilet
- Open the lid of the chemical toilet in the same way as the toilet you have at home.
- Use the lever located under the toilet bowl to open the chemical toilet flapper. The lever slides sideways.
- After using the toilet, flush by pressing the button on the control panel.
- If necessary, wipe the toilet bowl with toilet paper. I do not recommend using a brush.
- Close the chemical toilet closure using the lever under the toilet bowl.
Flushing the chemical toilet
- Open the door to access the toilet cassette on the side of the motorhome.
- Pull out the chemical toilet cassette by pulling the coloured lever upwards.
- Unscrew the cap of the chemical toilet spout at the point where the chemical toilet is to be poured.
- Press the coloured knob (most commonly yellow, orange or blue) to ensure the cartridge is vented during the pour.
- Pour out the contents of the cartridge.
- Run some water into the cartridge through the pouring spout from the hose that is designed to clean the toilet. Not from a hose designed for filling drinking water.
- Flush the cartridge.
- Pour the chemical toilet chemical into the cassette according to the instructions on the chemical bottle. There are also tablets that you just drop into the cartridge.
- Screw on the spout cap.
- Put the cassette back into the motorhome.